- Hundreds of new residents are coming to Downtown San Jose courtesy of two new high-rise rental buildings that will break ground early next year: One South Market (285 units) and The Carlyle (347 units).
- The 17th season of Downtown Ice began on Nov 16th and the opening ceremonies featuring Kristi Yamaguchi will be on Nov 23rd at 5:30pm.
- A new, super fast, free WiFi system is has been deployed throughout the Downtown core and is undergoing final testing. It should be ready very soon.
- Japanese retailer Muji has signed a lease for 7,000sqft at the base of the Fairmont Annex.
- The San Pedro Square Market now has 20 businesses, including newcomers:
- Sama Zama - made to order soups, salads, and sandwiches
- CaliDog - Californian cuisine meets Asian fusion
- Phonomenal Noodle House - Pho and rise dishes
- Polkadotz - mini-gourmet cupcakes
- The Civic has completed its $15M renovation, including leather seats and cup holders, new sound/video/lighting systems, and updated bathrooms and concessions.
- Work on San Carlos Street is wrapping up this month and will greatly expand the sidewalk and add a lighted public art display.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
November 2012 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: