Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension:
- Starting Dec. 15th, Downtown Ice is expanding its daily hours to 11am - Midnight.
- The inaugural Santa Run Silicon Valley is Dec. 16th and is limited to 2,000 runners (only a few hundred spots left). Proceeds will benefit Downtown Ice and Christmas in the Park.
- The Mexican state of Jalisco is opening a business incubator, school, cultural center, and art gallery at 320 S. First St. in a 9,000sqft retail space. Entrepreneurs setting up their businesses in the US and Mexico will be able to utilize part of this space.
- At the corner of 3rd and Santa Clara, Freddie J's is getting a facade improvement. Next door Grub Shack--an Asian Fusion / Hawaiian restaurant--is doing its soft opening.
- San Jose Rock Shop now has a retail store selling musical instruments at 30 N. Third St.
- Flowers by KLEE Design opened at 28 N. First St. #702
- Agave Mexican Grill replaces El Sabroso at 17 S. Fourth St.
- Groundwerx installed two rows of decorative LED lights totaling 8,100 feet on South First and South Second streets [Josh: saw these, they look great!]