- Move Inc., is moving into 32,405 sqft at 10 Almaden and joining more than 70 tech companies located in Downtown San Jose. Malwarebytes and Rosetta Marketing are also moving in to the building.
- MACLA has purchased the space they were leasing from the city in SoFA and have plans to renovate the space by expanding the art gallery, adding a cafe/retail space, and creating artist/creative entrepreneur studio space.
- The Irish Innovation Center is transitioning to the SV Global Accelerator, and they will now support startups from all over the world.
- The City Fish has opened at 30 E. Santa Clara St. [Josh: 4 stars on yelp, replaces the mediocre Uncle Bernie's]
- Don Pedro's at 43 Post is reopening after a remodel.
- The new First Church is going to be a two-story 21,000 sqft building with a ground-floor sanctuary, community rooms, preschool, a kitchen, and second-floor offices and classrooms. There will be a slick patio on top of the building.
- The next HER city event is Feb 5th at the Silicon Valley Capital Club, featuring a cooking demonstration, a variety of foods and wine, and even cognac tasting.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
January 2013 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: