- The VTA wants to "park" some Light Rail trains in St. James Park in order to speed up train service and create new lines in anticipation of BART coming to the South Bay. Concerns of this configuration are blocked views, safety, and congestion in this area.
- Over Groundwex's next 10 year term, they plan to help fill retail vacancies, put a greater emphasis on safety, increase efficiency with new equipment, beautify key Downtown gateways, and enhance maintenance projects.
- Vyne Bistro is now open at 110 Paseo de San Antonio [Josh: have tried it, great new addition Downtown!]
- K.zzang is a new Korean restaurants at 78 S. First.
- Nemea Greek Taverna is a new flagship Greek restaurant at 96 S. First St. (where E&O used to be). [Josh: looks phenomenal on the inside, even better than E&O with the aesthetics and it will have outdoor seating]
- EcoMonster is a new retail store bringing handcrafted and eco-conscious products to consumers at 30 N. Third St.
- The city is extending high-rise residential incentives to 2016.
- The next HER city event will be on April 25 and features a fashion show hosted by The Usuals, Lotus Jeans, Brixton Hue, and several others. There will be food, drinks, and a few surprises.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
March 2013 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: