Update: Pic-a-Pie and 3-wheel bikes are coming soon.
Today partners Francisco “Patxi” Azpiroz and William Freeman announce the much-anticipated opening of their ninth Bay Area location, their first in San Jose.
Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced PAH-cheese. ‘t’ before ‘x’), one of the most loved pizza restaurants in San Francisco, opens their first San Jose location tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21 at 11 AM in the new resort-style mixed-use apartment complex at Crescent Village at 3350 Zanker Road, Suite 30, San Jose, CA, 95134.
Says Freeman of the opening, “We’re thrilled to bring Patxi’s to San Jose—we feel like the area is really underserved in terms of dining. Plus, what goes better with the tech industry than pizza? We think our customers coming from the tech space in particular will enjoy the launch of our Predictive Pizza Ordering System, Pic-a-Pie, not to mention ordering our pies for delivery to their offices or getting out and enjoying happy hour with coworkers. We think Patxi’s will be a great addition to the neighborhood.”
COMING SOON: Patxi’s San Jose is excited to introduce special 3-wheel style delivery bikes that will be used to transport residents of Crescent Village to and from the restaurant. Patxi’s will also use these alternative, green modes of transportation to deliver hot, fresh pizzas to the Crescent Village residents.
Upon entering the space, in the newly constructed resort-style mixed-use complex, guests are welcomed to an inviting space with a rustic, yet contemporary atmosphere.
- Industrial-style chrome lighting fixtures, exposed brick walls and reclaimed wood coupled with the warm color scheme and inviting floor plan bring a rustic yet modern feel to the 80-seat dining room.
- Salvaged wood from Cal Memorial Stadium at UC Berkeley (c. 1923) was used to create the custom bar- and table-tops created for Patxi’s by local Berkeley furniture purveyor, The Wooden Duck.
- Antique mirrors hang above the full bar with seating for 11, making it the perfect locale for a casual lunch with friends, intimate after-work drinks or a company happy hour, and includes handicapped seating.
- An open kitchen window invites guests to watch as their pizzas and small plates are handcrafted to complete the dining experience. Guests who enjoy dining al fresco will delight in the open patio dining space for 20.
- For guests’ convenience Patxi’s and the new Crescent Village offer complimentary underground parking.
Patxi’s menu features a standout family of pizzas and an array of salads and small plates. Says Executive Chef / Partner Patxi Azpiroz, “Here at Patxi’s we happily renounce stovetops, deep fryers and freezers. Instead we prepare all of our dishes using fresh ingredients, sourced locally when possible.”
- Patxi’s is perhaps most famous for their flagship Chicago-style Stuffed Pizza: a deep dish pizza with a layer of crust on the bottom, followed by toppings and cheese, all covered by another thin layer of dough, and topped with homemade sauce. The stuffed style is also available with a whole-wheat crust.
- New to the family, and introduced after much testing in 2012, the Thin Crust Pizza, made with extra fine, imported ‘00’ flour and hand-pulled to perfection is a new take on a traditional Italian style pizza crust. Whole-Wheat and Gluten Free options are available for the thin crust pie.
- The menu features chef-tested pizza topping combinations and a Create Your Own Pizzaoption, where guests can create their own pizza with myriad fresh toppings, four styles of mozzarella and over 30 different meat and veggie toppings. With vegan cheese and crust, and gluten free crust options, there is sure to be something for every diner.
- Pic-a-Pie – COMING SOON!
Patxi’s San Jose location will soon be offering the Pic-a-Pie™ Predictive Pizza Ordering System—a proprietary, patent-pending algorithm that allows guests to enjoy Patxi’s signature Chicago-style Stuffed Pizza without the 35-minute window of time it typically takes to bake. The Pic-a-Pie™ system allows guests to Pic their Pie from a queue of near-ready pizzas shown on a sleek tablet. Pic-a-Pie™ offers guests a fast, fun and easy alternative to waiting for their pizza. Guests can “claim” their pizzas when dining in or when calling in carryout-out or delivery orders. More information available upon request.
In addition to pizza, Patxi’s features an array of small plates great for sharing including the Burrata Bruschetta, featuring creamy burrata cheese, basil pesto, and tomato confit, served with warm focaccia; and the Meatball, which is inspired by a long-time Boston-Italian family recipe and features sustainably raised beef and a Chicago-style Italian sausage braised in a house made tomato sauce and topped with basil and Grana Padano cheese.
In lieu of dessert, Patxi’s offers honey for the “bones” or crust of the pizza—the perfect way to enjoy those last remnants of crust after the meal.
Guests can also enjoy fresh salads and beverages including a full bar. Complete menu is here. Photos available upon request.
PATXI’S PIZZA LOCATIONS
Fillmore: 3318 Fillmore Street San Francisco, 94123,
Hayes Valley: 511 Hayes Street San Francisco, 9410,
Irving: 822 Irving Street San Francisco, 94122,
Noe Valley: 4042 24th Street San Francisco, 94114,
Campbell: 1875 South Bascom Ave, Suite 405 The Pruneyard Shopping Center,
Palo Alto: 441 Emerson Street Palo Alto, 94301,
Lafayette: 3577 Mt. Diablo Blvd. Lafayette, 94549,
San Jose: 3350 Zanker Road, San Jose, CA, 95134
Livermore: 2470 1st St, Livermore, CA, 94550
Cherry Hills: 3455 South University Boulevard, Unit B, Englewood CO, 80113,
Cherry Creek: 185 Steele Street, Denver, CO, 80206,
ABOUT PATXI’S PIZZA
Founded in 2004 by two friends, entrepreneur Bill Freeman and pizza expert Francisco “Patxi” Azpiroz, Patxi’s Pizza offers authentic Chicago- and Italian-style pizza, featuring two distinct, handcrafted styles of dough, four types of mozzarella and over 30 different fresh meat and veggie toppings (ingredients sourced locally whenever possible). Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese) is privately owned and operated with a total of 11 locations between the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver, CO. Patxi’s Pizza was ranked #84 by Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Hire Power Companies of 2012 and named among the Top 10 “Most Life-Changing Pizzas” of 2012 by Esquire Magazine.
Through its 52 Weeks of Giving program, Patxi’s donates a portion of its profits to local nonprofit organizations dedicated to education and children’s health and welfare – totaling over $141,000 in donations to date.