- SJDA Creates a Strategic Action Plan to improve Downtown over the next 15 months including the following recommendations:
- Increase use of retired and reserve officers Downtown through PBID funding
- Create a one-time global headquarters incentive package for Downtown
- Extend the High-Rise incentive program
- Dedicate a share of future parking meter revenues to promoting Downtown
- Streamline regulations and reduce fees to encourage more festivals and events
- Have the city hire a senior urban designer with a Downtown focus
- Map Downtown's potential development sites along with allowable height and proximity to transit
- Advocate for the A's stadium and an underground high-speed rail alignment
- Centralize homeless resources
- After a decade of planning, the $130 million expansion of the Convention Center is ready! 125,000 SQFT of space has been added, increasing the total size to 550,000 SQFT. The community is invited to an opening celebration on Oct 10th from 4:30-9:00pm.
- Little Italy received $360,000 in donations to acquire two dilapidated homes and turn them into the future Italian American Cultural Facility and Museum.
- Bel Bacio Imported Italian Coffee is coming soon to 350 W. Julian in Little Italay
- Groundwerx are installing RGB pixel light strings on the 32 palm trees that make up the Circle of Palms that could even be programmed for light shows and synchronized with music
- Downtown Ice returns Nov 15th.
- Willow Glen Yogurt and Ice Cream Co. has opened a concession in Camera 12 Cinema
- Da Kine Island Grill opens at 23 N. Market with Hawaiian and Island-style recipes
Monday, October 7, 2013
October 2013 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: