I have done the latest round of updates to the Downtown San Jose Restaurants database (it has been a while, sorry about that). We are up to a grand total of 249 eateries! This is yet another record-breaking number for Downtown San Jose! To put it in perspective we were at 206 eateries just two years ago and we were at 234 last December.
We did have some closures such as Pop's & Sons at the San Pedro Square Market and Rokko Japanese near Cesar Chavez Park, but the new restaurants opening up more than counterbalance what little bad news there was this past quarter. It's a good time to be a foodie Downtown! Here are some of the newcomers:
- Bel Bacio Imported Italian Coffee - Little Italy finally gets a second Eatery to compliment Paesano's, one of the best Italian restaurants Downtown. Bel Bacio's specialty is high-quality imported coffee from one of the most famous coffee regions in the world.
- Ike's Place - The most famous sandwich chain in the Bay Area has finally come to Downtown San Jose (located at 60 E. Santa Clara)! Their sandwiches are amazing and they have a large selection of vegetarian options that even meat-lovers will appreciate.
- Thirst Tea - Great boba milk tea shop in the heart of Downtown across from Camera 12 (in the former Sandella's spot). They also have a great honey-toast dessert that will easily feed 4 people.
- SP2 - Trendy new restaurant next to the San Pedro Square Market with locally sourced ingredients and a mixology-style bar menu.
- BJ's Brewhouse - Now open at the San Jose Market Center.
- Other Places Coming Soon
- ISO: Beers
- Da Kine Island Grill
- San Jose Pizza Co.
- Take One Pizza
- SoFA Market
Below is the changelog from the Downtown San Jose Restaurants Database:
- 7/25/2013 Added SP2, which replaced Sabor
- 7/27/2013 Added Amor Cafe & Tea, which replaces Cafe Bon Terre
- 7/28/2013 Noted that Sante Grill closed
- 7/28/2013 Noted that The Mmoon closed
- 7/29/2013 San Jose Pizza Co. is coming to the former Sante Grill Space
- 9/15/2013 Take One Pizza will be opening in space formerly occupied by The Mmoon
- 9/15/2013 Pops & Sons closed at the San Pedro Square Market
- 9/15/2013 Added Da Kine Island Grill on Market (formerly Thepthai)
- 12/1/2013 Koji Sake Lounge replaced with Nomikai
- 12/1/2013 Added Bel Bacio Imported Italian Coffee in Little Italy
- 12/1/2013 Added Thirst Tea on First Street