- The Downtown Association's Design Review Committee awarded three golden nail awards for Downtown beautification:
- The Gold Building (55 S market)
- CityView Plaza
- Orchestria Palm Court
- Aavid Design Corp is moving its nine employees from Cupertino to Downtown San Jose.
- San Jose's Department of Transportation officially opened the green, buffered bikeways along San Fernando from Cahill to 11th.
- The San Jose Civic Auditorium was rebranded the City National Civic.
- Essential Travel, a travel magazine based in the UK, said Christmas in the Park is one of the top 10 Christmas displays in the world.
- A new Business Coaching Center for those looking to launch or expand a business in San Jose is available at: sanjoseca.gov/index.aspx?NID=3457
- Ike's Sandwiches is open at 75 E. Santa Clara.
- Brix Nightclub at 349 S. First has been remodeled into the "Metropolitan" [Josh: I'm getting the impression that it is either no longer a gay club, or is at least trying to be more inclusive of those attracted to the opposite sex]
- Caffe Frascati owner has turned a 3-wheeled utility van into a portable espresso station (it premiered during the last South First Friday).
- 8 Treasure Restaurant is now open at 150 S. First, replacing Asian Gourmet.
- Power Bowl is open at 132 E. San Fernando and features authentic acai bowls and detox drinks.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
January 2014 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: