- 43 new Downtown San Jose eateries have opened in the past 18 months, representing 20% of the total restaurants Downtown today [Josh: a bit less than 20%, but still a huge number]
- Da Kine Island Grill opened on March 8th and Paper Plane opens next month.
- The Downtown Street Life plan is gaining traction and will provide 40 different projects aimed at creating more comfortable spaces Downtown.
- Blackbird tavern is now using the neighboring space for private parties and events.
- Electric Cloud has moved its Sunnyvale headquarters and about 70 employees to 35 S. First St.
- A 20,000 SQFT space at 130 Almaden will become Paul Mitchel The School, hosting 30 employees training 200-25 cosmetology students at a time.
- Free ultra high-speed internet is being offered as an incentive for companies that choose to locate in one of six older Downtown buildings with high vacancies.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
March 2014 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: