- Silicon Valley has added 46,665 new jobs (22,842 jobs were added in San Francisco).
- The region's total population grew by 1.31% (13,766 people) versus 0.88% average growth statewide.
- Silicon Valley has 46.5% of all IPOs, 46.9% of Patents, and 47.6% of Venture Capital, and 54.6% of Angel Investment in California.
- Consumption of electricity has declined for five years in a row (189 megawatts of solar capacity helps quite a bit here).
- 45% of households are making over $100,000 a year.
- 75% of commuters are solo drivers, not a dramatic difference from 78% in 2003.
- Caltrain ridership has increased 26.4% from 2010 to 2013.
- For the first time since 2008, Silicon Valley government achieved greater revenues than expenses.
Click here to read the entire report. You can also watch a video briefing below.