- The San Pedro Square Market--which transformed the block and became one of Downtown's most popular destinations--is celebrating its 3 year anniversary. Spuds Potato Bar is now open and brings the total number of businesses to 25. A two-story expansion on a 13,000 SQFT parcel across the street is already in planning.
- The Downtown Ice skating rink is under construction and the Circle of Palms and opens at 5pm on Nov 14th. Twice per night at 6pm and 9pm the lights on the trees will dance to music.
- The SoFA Market is open at 387 S. First Street. The Falafel Bar and Vero's Coffee are the first two vendors. Next up is the Fountainhead Bar [Josh: with architecturally-themed drinks], a Ramen restaurant, and perhaps a burger or pizza place.
- SoFA-based Cowgirl Bike Courier has started delivering legal docs, medical supplies, packages, flowers, and groceries throughout San Jose.
- AFK Gamer Lounge is moving into 15,000 SQFT at 163 W. Santa Clara (formerly Los Gatos Brewing Company) and will feature more than 100 networked gaming rigs.
- Developers, bankers, and investors will get a glimpse of how hot Downtown San Jose has become during a "Center of Opportunity" tour on Oct. 30th.
- The Downtown Association is seeking event producers and artists to increase activation of Downtown's public spaces with events, exhibits, and interactive projects. The Downtown San Jose Activation Fund will issue grants up to $3,500 for original programming and up to $7,500 for special productions that bring people together for dance, deep discussion, or positive social interaction.
To read the full newsletter, click here!