- 510,000 SQFT of new office space [Josh: I'm sure the city will do everything possible to make this happen]
- 55,651 SQFT of new retail
- A five-level parking structure
- A new Santana Row entrance on Tisch Way.
- Permanent closure of Santana Row Road to traffic from Olin Avenue to Olsen Drive, creating a new pedestrian zone [Josh: this area is already shut down on weekends]
- Additional Screen for the CineArts movie theater
- Six new rooms at Hotel Valencia
It doesn't seem like any of these items are unreasonable and the main concerns will be around traffic. We'll see if the new Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line can help alleviate some of those issues along with the possibility of building some spectacular pedestrian bridges between Santana Row and Valley Fair (see conceptual drawings below).
Sources: The Merc, San Jose Development Forum