SAN JOSE - Bring your dancing shoes to Music in the Park on July 17 when P’al Bailador and Julio Bravo y su Orquesta Salsabor, two of the area's top salsa bands, take the Plaza de Cesar Chavez stage. P’al Bailador, “The Dancer’s Salsa Band,” was a standout at the 2013 San Jose Jazz Summerfest. The 11-man Julio Bravo y su Orquestra Salsabor has earned the moniker, “The Bay Area’s Top Salsa Band,” by touring the Bay Area year-round, offering a range of energetic and dance-able salsa. This show also includes a guest appearance by Bloco del Sol, featuring 25-30 Brazilian drums and percussion players. Aug. 28: Los Lonely Boys, a trio of Grammy Award-winning brothers from Texas, will rock Plaza Park in this year’s Music in the park finale. They’ll play hits including “Heaven,” and songs off their 2014 release, “Revelation,” which offers elements of blues, conjunto, reggae, country, soul and acoustic musical genres. loslonelyboys.com Local favorite J.C. Smith Band, which has been voted “best blues band” in South Bay numerous times, opens the show. jcsmithband.com Concerts start at 5:15 p.m. at Plaza de Cesar Chavez.
Advance $10 tickets are on sale at musicintheparksj.com.
Tickets are $15 the day of the show.
Children 12-under are free when accompanied by an adult. The concerts are produced by San Jose Downtown Association. Series sponsors include: Metro, City of San Jose, NBC, Telemundo, La Raza 93.3,KQED, El Observador, Yelp, KFOG 97.7 SJ/104.5 SF, KSJS 90.5, Content Magazine, Strike Brewing Company, Lagunitas Beer Company, J. Lohr Wines, Republic Services and Silicon Valley Bike Coalition.
Also at the event:
Kids fun in the southwest area of the park:
- Enjoy urban art activities, live DJ and dance workshops at The FutureArtsNow! Activity Zone. futureartsnow.org
- Interactive CHALK ZONE by Luna Chalk Arts Festival. lunaparkchalkart.org/about-us/
Food and drink:
- New this year – Cocktail Lounge in the Park: Tasty mixed drinks and lounge seating in a transformed space, courtesy Method42 Productions. method42.net
- Also new – Craft Beer offerings from local breweries, including Lagunitas Brewing Co. and Strike Brewing.
- Food on site from Angelou's Mexican Grill; Falafel Fresh; Pizza My Heart; Siam Loco Wraps; Asmara's Hotdogs and Kettle Korn; Snowzilla Shaved Ice and Fruit, and more.
- J. Lohr Vineyards and Wines
- San Jose Bike Coalition, in cooperation with the City of San Jose, will provide free valet bike parking from 4:30 p.m.-9:45 p.m.
- To find the nearest parking options to Plaza de Cesar Chavez, go to sjdowntownparking.com