Below you will find brainstorming ideas we have collected for this concept so far over the years. Please have a look and provide your feedback and suggestions in the comments. Thanks!
The largest draw to Downtown San Jose for many years now has been Christmas in the Park. It has continued to grow year after year and brings in visitors from all over the Bay Area. It's economic impact is substantial and helps keep many Downtown businesses and restaurants alive.
What would you think about a similar event for Halloween? Picture Downtown lit up in orange and purple with elaborate Halloween displays assembled by local artists. Perhaps infrastructure could even be shared with Christmas in the Park (e.g. retail booths). A strong event in October would help maintain traffic between the summer months and Christmas in the Park. Here are the ideas we have so far:
- Halloween Food
- Booths with candied apples, chocolates, candy, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Food trucks
- Trick-or-treating station - a free piece of candy to anyone wearing a costume any day in October (could also be used to hand out promotional flyers for Downtown events/businesses/resources)
- Halloween-themed Carnival Games
- Pirates of Emerson and Candlelighters (Fremont) do a good job of providing family-friendly games themed around Halloween
- A handful of children's rides could also be added to the Paseo and reused for Christmas in the Park
- Interactive Art
- ZERO1-style, but with a Halloween spin.
As in previous years, please post your suggestions below and I'll merge them in!