- Several initiatives have been launched to make it easier to do business Downtown. These include speeding up the permitting process for small businesses, updating the signage code to allow for supergraphics and electronic billboards, improved WiFi, and transparent data on crime and traffic statistics.
- Must in the Park will welcome Los Lobos on June 24th and AC/DShe and The Killer Queens on July 14th. Two as of yet unannounced shows will take place on August 4th and August 25th. All shows begin at 5:30pm and tickets are $10-$15.
- The Downtown San Jose Farmer's Market is now open every Friday along San Pedro Street around lunch time.
- Dine Downtown will kick off between June 10th through June 19th. Over 20 restaurants will feature three-course fixed priced dinners starting at $20 per person. $1 from each dinner will be donated to Martha's Kitchen.
- KT Urban is building the largest residential project to date in Downtown San Jose at 70 S. Almaden Ave. The two towers will be 23 and 24 floors tall and have a total of 723 units. The Greyhound bus station currently on the site will be moved to Diridon station.
- Sobrato is building a 190,000 SQFT office building at 353 Julian St.
- Bay Area Bike Share is added 13 more Bike Share stations to the Downtown area.
- Valley Health Center's 60,000 SQFT Downtown Clinic is opening in June and will offer the first Downtown urgent care services in a decade. The center will be open seven days a week from 8am-10pm.
To read the newsletter, click here!