It has been a while since posting the latest list of Downtown San Jose Restaurants. We are up to a grand total of 268 eateries! This is yet another record-breaking number for Downtown San Jose. Our little database had 206 eateries just five years ago. 60+ new restaurants in such a short period of time is pretty amazing.
Every time I have compiled the list, there have been significant closures. Not this time. Amici's and Da Noodle are the most significant that I am aware of since the last time this list was posted. On the other hand, there are many notable additions:
- Sushi Confidential - Creative, non-traditional sushi that took over the former Sonoma Chicken space.
- Olla Cocina - Vibrant Mexican cuisine in San Pedro Square.
- 2nd Story Bakeshop - Killer bakery providing some of the highest quality baked goods in San Jose.
- Ola's Exotic African Coffee and Tea - Yet another candidate for the best coffee in town. Highly recommended.
- IPOH Garden - San Jose's first Malaysian restaurant.
- Ludwigs German Table - San Jose's second German restaurant, situated in a unique ornate building with a lot of history.
- SoFA Market
- Hawaiian Poke Bowl
- Milk and Wood
- Vitamina Juices & Blends
- COMING SOON (you can find all "Coming Soon" restaurants at the top of the list in the spreadsheet)
- Chromatic Cafe (2nd St.)
- Elyse Restaurant (1st St.)
- Origins Juicery (1st St., former Discovery Store)
- Mo's (W. Santa Clara St.)
- Tac-oh! (SoFA)
- Pizzetta 408! (SoFA Market)
- Toasted Craft Sandwiches (SoFA Market)
- Uproar Brewery (SoFA, former Zer01 Garage)
Below is the change log from the Downtown San Jose Restaurants Database:
|11/1/2015||Fahrenheit on San Feranando has closed and is being replaced by Pieology.|
|11/1/2015||Added Sushi Confidential, coming soon to 31 N. Market|
|11/1/2015||Added Pieology, coming soon to 99 E. San Fernando|
|11/8/2015||McDonald's on San Carlos closed|
|12/12/2015||Added Jade Leaf Eatery and Lounge at S. Market St. Suite 170|
|12/23/2015||Added Takai Sushi and Sake Bar in the Fairmont Hotel (5 star Yelp rating)|
|1/10/2016||Da Noodle closed on Santa Clara Street|
|1/10/2016||Added Elyse restaurant as coming soon, taking the old House of Siam place at 151 S. Second.|
|3/12/2016||Added Olla Cocina as coming soon to 17 N. San Pedro St.|
|3/21/2016||Added 2nd Story Bakeshop, now open at 138 E. Santa Clara St.|
|4/2/2016||Our House has replaced Mid GoGo at 185 Park Ave.|
|4/2/2016||Added Ola's Exotic African Coffee and Tea at 30 E. Santa Clara Street #120|
|4/9/2016||Chromatic Cafe is coming soon to 2nd Street|
|4/24/2016||IPOH Garden has replaced 8 Treasure restaurant at 150 S. First St.|
|6/4/2016||Added Ludwigs German Table, now open at 261 N. 2nd St.|
|6/5/2016||Replaced Oni Mexicatessan at the San Pedro Square Market with Crepes & More|
|7/2/2016||Replaced Amici's with Mo's at 225 W. Santa Clara St.|
|7/2/2016||Tac-oh! is coming soon to 399 S. First St. (formerly First to Market)|