Scott's Seafood in Downtown San Jose is hosting a winemaker's dinner later this month featuring Francis Ford Coppola Winery. Scott's is a Downtown gem with an amazing balcony second only to the Capital Club.
The dinner consists of five courses with five different wine pairings. $75 per person is actually a good price for a meal like this. Here is the menu:
• Opening Reception: "The Cantankerous Ceviche" Tropical Halibut Ceviche
• Wine Pairing: Sofia Blanc De Blancs Cocktail
• Course One: "The Crabby Deviled Egg" Curry spiced deviled eggs topped with crab meat
• Wine Pairing: Sofia Blanc De Blancs
• Course Two: "The Solo Crab Cake" Crab Cake with an Asian Persimmon Coleslaw
• Wine Pairing: The White Doe (A Virginia Dare wine)
• Course Three: "The Earth and Sea" Lamb Chops topped with chimichurri sauce and scallops surrounded in an English sweet pea puree.
• Wine Pairing: Directors Pinot Noir
• Course Four: "The Picante Soufflé” Spicy Chocolate Soufflé with Pistachio Ice Cream.
• Wine Pairing: Coppola Diamond Claret
For tickets and additional info head over here.