- The city plans to reduce permit fees and red tape to hold events in St. James Park. There are a lot of great ideas floating around to activate the park like food trucks, aerobics classes, performing arts, games, and even "Zoo to You" where animals from Happy Hollow Zoo would visit the park.
- The Dine Downtown restaurant week is being extended to 10 days and will run at 26 Downtown restaurants from June 20-29th. New participating restaurants this year include Blackbird Tavern, Blue Mango, Bluefin Sushi (Downtown is expanding into the Alameda), Da Kine Island Grill, The Farmers Union, First to Market, La Pinata, and Nomikai.
- Camera 12 Cinemas has reduced its rates for the summer. All moves are $5.50 until 6pm and $8.50 afterwards. Students, seniors, children, military, and library card holders (?) pay $7. They also added D-Box motion seats in their largest theater.
- A father-son team is opening the Wolfpack Enclave gaming center at 17 N. Second St. Gamers can rent high-end PCs to pay games for $5/hour. wolfpackenclave.com
- The former P.F. Chang's on Second and San Fernando is becoming M Lounge Bar and Restaurant later this summer, featuring Southeast Asian Cuisines.
- Garlic Bread BBQ Smokehouse is open on Fountain Alley (30 E. Santa Clara #160). Check out garlicbreadsanjose.com for more info.
- Broadway San Jose is adding an extra week of "Wicked," a one-night performance by Jerry Seinfeld, and a five-show package including multiple award-winning musicals.
- The Rotary Club of San Jose is providing Fourth of July fireworks after darkness falls on the Discovery Meadow. During the day, check out the Bacon Festival at Plaza de Cesar Chavez.
- The San Jose Rock Shop is hosting "90 Days of Summer" which is 90 consecutive days of shows for music lovers at 30 N. Second St.
To read the full newsletter, click here!