I have finally caught up again with updates for the Downtown San Jose Restaurants database! We are up to a grand total of 254 eateries! This is yet another record-breaking number for Downtown San Jose! We were at 206 eateries in 2011.
As always there were some significant closures as well. The ones that stood out to me were Little Chef, Falafel Bar, and Azucar. The good news is that the caliber of the new places opening up more than makes up for the ones that closed. Here are some of the newcomers:
- Noodle Dude - This modern but unpretentious noodle house had some of the best Ramen I've had (Yelpers agree, 4.5 star rating). You order Ramen like you would a burrito at Chipotle--the noodles, ingredients, and broth are all independently selected by the customer, so you get exactly what you're in the mood for. They also have great service.
- Konjoe-Tei - New Ramen and Izakaya joint in the SoFA Market brought to you by the owners of Konjoe. I've heard great things, also 4.5 stars on Yelp.
- On the Flipside - New Burger bar in the SoFA Market.
- Gotta Eatta Pita - Yet another 4.5 star restaurant on Yelp. Very inexpensive yet delicious Mediterranean food.
- The Joint Eatery - Specializes in diverse comfort food, including Burgers, Sandwiches, and a variety of Appetizers. Oh yeah, also 4.5 stars on Yelp.
Below is the change log from the Downtown San Jose Restaurants Database:
|1/10/2015||Grub Shack closed|
|1/24/2015||Icebee Replaced with My Milkshake at 151 S. 2nd Street|
|1/24/2015||Falafel Bar closed|
|1/25/2015||Pete's Coffee on Santa Clara Street closed|
|1/25/2015||La Pinata on San Pedro closed|
|5/2/2015||Added On The Flipside, Konjoe-Tei, Hawaiian Poke Bowl, Milk and Wood, and Vitamina Juices & Blends which are all part of the SoFA Market|
|5/2/2015||First to Market is now called The Craftsman|
|7/4/2015||Konjoe-Tei in the SoFA Market is now officially open|
|7/4/2015||Sama Zama in the SPSM was replaced with Pasta Fresca (same owners)|
|7/4/2015||Little Chef at the SPSM closed|
|7/4/2015||Gotta Eatta Pita has replaced Amir Restaurant at 86 N Market Street|
|7/4/2015||The Joint Eatery is now open at 93 E Santa Clara Street (used to be Grub Shack)|