- Two finalist designs emerge from the St. James Park design competition, CMG and !melk fre-ee. Both feature a Levitt Pavilion for live music, add new water features, and maintain the current historical features.
- Downtown Ice opens November 18th through January 16th at the Circle of Palms (120 S. Market St.). The rink will be generally be open from 5pm-9pm Mon-Thursday, 5pm-midnight on Friday, noon-midnight on Saturday, and noon-9pm on Sunday. Hours are longer during the Holiday break. Check downtownicesj.com for more specifics.
- The TiVo Santa Run 5k run/walk takes place on Dec 18th at 1pm. Register at santarunsv.com.
- Hart's Dog Park is now open at 194 W. Santa Clara Street. The 2,000 SQFT parcel has been vacant for a decade and now includes artificial turf, benches, planters, toys, and a mural.
- The SJDA came in with a balanced budget for the third year in a row. 81% of the budget is used for events, marketing, promotions, and beautification of Downtown San Jose.
To read the newsletter, click here!