- VTA is trying to cut the free DASH shuttle in Downtown San Jose, but is getting strong protest against doing so.
- Building owners are investing major renovation dollars into their buildings, including 1 W. Santa Clara, 325 S. First, 52-78 E. Santa Clara, 14 S. Second, and several others. These will receive new facades as well as other modernizations.
- The Pierce now has a flashy public art project called Voxel Cloud on its roof, which can easily be seen from 280.
- Ford has agreed to help expand Bay Area BikeShare. San Jose will go from 150 bikes to 1,000 bikes.
- Toasted Craft Sandwiches and Pizzetta 408 are both now open in the SoFA market.
- Nate LeBlanc is joining the SJDA as a business development manager. His previous roles include being the general manager of the SoFA market, ops director for Moveable Feast, and the manager of the San Pedro Square Market.
To read the newsletter, click here!