I used to tell people that Downtown San Jose has over 100 restaurant. That simply isn't true. We have 177 restaurants and cafes downtown (!!!). I thought I had been to almost every one. It turns out that I have "only" been to 125 of them... I have 52 more to go.
The spreadsheet lists each restaurant name along with:
- Genre - my categories are a little different than the SJDA list to avoid duplicates
- Region - tried to divide downtown into corridors and districts (like SoFA) since the street addresses aren't always indicative of where the restaurant is
- Address & Phone Number
- Website - work in progress
- Year - also work in progress, if you know which year any of the restaurants opened, please feel free to email me
- Additional Notes
- A Column to track the ones I've been to
All of the columns are sortable and filterable, and if you take a look at the bottom of the spreadsheet you'll notice there is also a tab called "Restaurant Statistics." This is a live count of the total number of restaurants downtown, as well as statistics by region, genre, and year opened.
I think this spreadsheet turned out really well, so please have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!