Wow, I didn't see this one coming. Downtown already has Zombie crawls, Santa-go-rounds, and all sorts of random madness when ZER01 comes around. However, this one surprised even me... a Downtown San Jose Pillow Fight!
It all goes down the day before Valentine's Day (2/13) at noon. For information continue scrolling down or head over to the organizers' blog at: http://pillowfightsj.blogspot.com/
The sacred commandments of Feathers of Fury are as follows ...
1. Tell everyone about the Pillow Fight.
2. Wait until the whistle/airhorn signal to begin.
4. Soft pillows only!
No buckwheat or special surprises hidden in your pillow.
5. NEVER swing at people without pillows or with cameras.
6. Tell EVERYONE about the Pillow Fight.
7. Remove glasses beforehand!
8. Don't hit people with a pillow unless they want it.
9. Swing lightly, many people will be swinging at once.
10. This is not a little kids event.
11. If you don't like it ... just walk across the street.
12. SMILE and TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE PILLOW FIGHT!
How long will it last?
No one knows. Well, it'll start at noon, but believe me when I say swinging a pillow can take a lot out of you and so can a a few goosedown thwaps to the face. So really San Jose, that all depends on you.
Will it get out of hand?
Probably not, but that all depends on you. This is our event. When I say OUR I mean the beautiful playful citizens of the 10th largest city in the United States. If you coming to PLAY ... then tell all your friends and share the same vibe with them. If you are coming to FIGHT ... then simply you are coming for the wrong reason. We have good faith that San Jose's GOT THIS!
Where will it be held?
All that we can tell you today is that it'll be held Downtown San Jose. More information about the event will be released here and on our Twiiter the day before. Parking is a pain. If you can walk, take the VTA, or even ride a bike. Some of our friends from the Eastside of San Jose have setup up a bike ride that you can join.