- Downtown Ice returned on Nov. 15th and half a million people are expected to visit Downtown during the Holidays.
- Apigee (a hot tech startup) has moved to a 41,000 SQFT space Downtown at 10 Almaden, leaving behind a 16,000 SQFT office in Palo Alto.
- Malwarebytes and Move.com also recently moved into 10 Almaden.
- Bridge Bank is adding 18,500 SQFT at its corporate headquarters at 55 Almaden.
- Smashburger is now serving up classic burgers at the San Jose Marketcenter [Josh: BJ's is now open as well]
- Thrive Therapy and Social Center is open at 25 Post and offers a full array of autism therapies for kids and young adults.
- Groundwerx spent October pruning overgrown limbs from trees Downtown [Josh: picking up some slack from city services that were cut due to budget cuts].
- On Dec. 15 thee TiVo Santa Run takes place, which is exactly what it sounds like... a run featuring people wearing Santa Costumes. Proceeds benefit Downtown Ice and Christmas in the Park.
- The SJDA maintained a balanced budget during its last fiscal year ($2.9 million budget)
- Aedis--an architectural firm--has moved into 9,000 SQFT of modern office space in SoFA and envisions a mini-San Pedro Square Market for their ground floor. The working title of the project is going to be the SoFA Market and it's scheduled to launch Spring 2014 [Josh: wohoo!!!]
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
November 2013 Downtown Dimension Highlights
Here are my notes from the latest edition of Downtown Dimension: